Monday, April 30, 2007

Future of Monstar Lab

Well Youn Ji and I just finished up finals last week and have been quite busy with other classes. I have been especially busy and have yet to edit the last show with our professor, Tom Igoe. I will be working on these shows in May. May 8th and 9th is the NYU's Interactive Telecommunication Program's Spring Show where we will be presenting our three final articles of clothing (one-piece dress and two remixed t-shirts).

So after talking with Tom Igoe in our last show (soon be uploaded this May), we talked about what was the core of our project and that was to inspire other DIY online users to think about materials that are often considered trash and make something. So after talking with Youn Ji and proving that this design challenge can offer successful outcomes, we wanted to create a dedicated site for DIYers to post videos, images and audio to share with the community.

We understand that DIYers are also range different skill levels so Youn Ji and I wnt to archive video tutorials to just start newcomers and offer others to add to the archives with other skills that Youn Ji and I dont have. I will also be making tutorials on video production and sharing my experiences with others.

We hope that we have proven that 'trash' is not actually trash but materials that still have worth. We also want everyone to share their creative works with others in hope to inspire others. if you have any questions or comments please email Youn Ji and me at monstarlab@gmail.com.

No comments: